You forgot your WordPress login password and want to reset it. That’s why you are here. If you already have access to the email account you provided during the WordPress setup or in your user profile, it is very easy to reset your password. All you have to do is following the steps mentioned below. If you do not have access to the Email account that is connected with WordPress (which is rare), you may follow the steps mentioned in this article about resetting WordPress password without an email address.
Reset Password in WordPress using Email
- Go to the WordPress login page.
- Click on Lost your password? link.
- Input your Username or Email address.
- Click on Get New Password button.
- Check your Email inbox for the reset link.
- Click on the link in your email and provide your new password.
Be sure to keep it safe this time so that you won’t have to repeat the same process every once in a while.
Can I change the Admin Email address without accessing the WordPress backend?
Actually, you can. If you have access to the cPanel, you can edit the email field of your admin user in your database using a tool like phpMyAdmin. This will change the email address of your admin user to the newly inputted one letting your reset the email to the new one. Here are the steps that you should follow to reset email address using the phpMyAdmin tool.
- Open phpMyAdmin.
- Click on the correct database on the left side.
- In the right side, click on the wp_users table.
- Find the user you want to change the email and click on the pencil icon.
- In the value section of user_email, change the email address to the new one.
- Click Go.
That’s it, now, you can follow the above steps to receive the WordPress password reset email to the newly provided email address.