Installing Plugins on WordPress is an essential thing to do to make it more versatile. WordPress plugins can be installed by various methods. FTP (File Transfer Protocol) method is an easy way to install plugins to WordPress. If you have a hosting account that enabled the FTP access, you can quickly upload the plugin to the Web disk of your website and can easily install it on the WordPress platform. In this guide on How to install WordPress plugin via FTP, we are guiding you through the step by step procedures to install WordPress plugins using the FTP method. So, Carefully follow the steps given below.
Install WordPress Plugin via FTP – Step by Step Guide
- Download the desired plugin you want to install via FTP.
- Open the downloaded plugin zip file.
- Extract the folder to your desktop.
- Then, Launch your FTP client like Filezilla and login to it.
- After logged in, navigate to the folder /wp-content/plugins/.
- Just drag and drop the extracted folder of the plugin into the FTP client plugin folder.
- This will upload the plugin file to the web disk of your website, and you can open it from the WordPress dashboard.
- The plugin is now successfully installed. But you need to activate it to start using the plugin.
- To activate the plugin, Navigate to the “Plugins” page from the WordPress.
- Find the plugin you uploaded.
- Just, click on the link “Activate” link to activate the plugin.
Now, your plugin is completely installed and activated on your WordPress platform. Thus, you and start using it. The FTP method is most effective while other methods fail.
Note: While accessing the web disk using the FTP client, don’t accidentally delete or move any folder there. It may hurt your website. So, do each step carefully.
This may have helped you. If so, please let us know through your finger marks in the below comment box. You can also post your thought and doubts, or you can directly contact us. We are always happy to hear from you.