Do you want to design complex pages on your WordPress website, but you don’t even know how to code? Or are you an excellent coder without the time to code your web pages from scratch? You don’t have to give up or settle with the basic pages WordPress provides. Without coding skills, you can create very attractive pages that will ‘wow’ your visitors. All you need is a very efficient page builder plugin for WordPress. With their easy-to-use drag-and-drop functionality, you can get brilliant pages up and running in no time. In this article, we have provided our 10 best page builder plugins for WordPress to help with your selection.
What is a Page Builder Plugin?
A page builder plugin is a plugin that can be used to create web pages on your WordPress website using a drag-and-drop interface. They are visual editors to craft your WordPress pages without having any coding knowledge. These pages can be edited, customized, and configured to be displayed as per your intentions and meet your company’s theme and goals.
Unlike classic text editors, page builder plugins are filled with blocks such as Text, Media, Gallery, Accordion, Menu, Button, etc. that can be added to almost anywhere on your page. Rows and Columns are extremely helpful to section the pages into different areas where your elements can be added.
Top 10 Page Builder Plugins for WordPress
Building a great page requires the help of page builders. If not, you will be limited by the classic design every website follows. A great page builder will allow you to explore the world of unlimited design opportunities. To make that a reality, we have selected the best page builder plugins for WordPress.
1. Thrive Architect
Thrive Architect is a page builder plugin for WordPress that allows you to make changes tn the front-end interface. So, you’re editing what the users see directly on the page. It works excellently with any theme you’re using, so you don’t have to worry about changing your theme. With this plugin, you can also add interesting features to your pages like call-to-action buttons, pricing tables, and social proof. You also get more than 150 landing page templates. This plugin is very useful for people who want to maximize conversions and sales.
- Front-end editing interface for direct changes
- Compatibility with almost any WordPress theme
- Addition of call-to-action buttons, pricing tables, and social proof
- More than 150 landing page templates
- Focus on maximizing conversions and sales
Elementor came in 2016 but is already sitting at the top. This plugin provides you with beautiful templates to customize your page, so you don’t have to start building from scratch every time. It has both free and pro versions. Elementor allows you to create contact forms and opt-in forms for your site. In the premium version, Elementor Pro, you also get grid widgets that make your WordPress posts look fantastic.
You can embed Elementor layouts in any desired position on your site using the Embed Anywhere feature. There’s a very long list of features this plugin has to offer. The premium version starts at $49 for a single site.
- Beautiful templates for easy customization
- Free and pro versions are available
- Creation of contact forms and opt-in forms
- Grid widgets for enhancing WordPress posts
- Embedding Elementor layouts anywhere on the site
3. Beaver Builder
Beaver Builder allows you to create and edit pages on the front-end interface. So, you can see how it appears to visitors while you make changes. Also, this plugin provides effective widgets that give your page features like call-to-action buttons, videos, and contact forms. You don’t have to build templates from scratch using this plugin.
You can easily use any of the provided templates and make edits. It works on any theme but looks even better when you use a Beaver Builder Theme. It has a free version, but if you want extra features, you should get the premium version that starts at $99.
- Front-end editing interface for real-time changes
- Effective widgets for adding features like call-to-action buttons and videos
- Use of pre-built templates for easy customization
- Compatibility with any WordPress theme
- Enhanced functionality with the Beaver Builder Theme
4. Divi Builder
Divi Builder is another page builder plugin with very powerful features. You can build your page either on the back or front-end interface. With all the options, widgets, and modules available to you, you have total control over your page. The modules allow you to include items like portfolios, pricing tables, and testimonials on your page. You also get over 20 templates to use if you don’t want to create from scratch. After you’ve completed a page, you can save it to the Divi Builder Library, so you can use it again. You can either purchase the $89 per year or $249 one-time packages.
- Back or front-end editing options
- Complete control over page design and layout
- Over 20 pre-designed templates
- Modules for portfolios, pricing tables, and testimonials
- Option for saving pages to the Divi Builder Library for future use
5. MotoPress Page Builder
MotorPress Page Builder like many others on this list provides you with front-end interface editing. It has a basic version that provides you with the basic features you need to create a good page such as sliders, grids, and buttons. It also works very well with your WordPress theme, so you don’t have to change it. You have to purchase add-ons to get elements like contact forms and pricing tables.
- Front-end editing interface for ease of use
- Basic features like sliders, grids, and buttons
- Additional elements available through add-ons
- Seamless integration with WordPress themes
- Focus on simplicity and functionality
6. SiteOrigin Page Builder
SiteOrigin Page Builder is one of the oldest page builder plugins on WordPress.org and has over 1 million active installs. The plugin offers fewer features than some other plugins on this list, but no one can deny its performance. You use a backend editor to create and make changes to your page. It uses a drag-and-drop function to place blocks on your page, and editing is done inline. You have to click on a specific block to make changes.
Site Origin Page Builder only gives 25 pre-built templates and 23 widgets. If you don’t know CSS, you should consider using other plugins for better styles. This plugin is free, but you can purchase the add-on bundles starting at $29.
- Backend editor with drag-and-drop functionality
- Inline editing for easy changes to the pages
- Limited features compared to other plugins
- 25 pre-built templates and 23 widgets
- Add-on bundles available for better styling
7. WP Bakery Page Builder
WP Bakery Page Builder (formerly Visual Composer) is a premium page builder plugin that gives you both front and backend editing features. With this plugin, you place new elements on your page and use pop-ups to style them. There’s no inline editing or a creator sidebar. All your styling is done using pop-ups once you have dragged your elements to the page.
This plugin only provides 86 templates which are either in sections or full-page templates. WP Bakery Page Builder also provides you with over 250 add-ons you can use to create brilliant pages.
- Premium page builder with front and backend editing features
- Styling elements using pop-ups
- Templates in sections or full-page formats
- Over 250 add-ons for enhanced functionality
- Focus on creating visually appealing pages
Brizy by ThemeFuse, a well-known WordPress developer, is a new plugin that has already gotten over 60,000 installs. This plugin offers various unique features and the developers never stop updating. So, even after you install it, you still get extra features later on. Instead of a sidebar where you make changes to your page, Brizy uses inline editing. You start building by adding a block; this block could be blank or chosen from one of the predesigned block templates.
Brizy allows you to carry out whatever changes you want, as there is no compulsory styling formula to follow. The free version is pretty basic, and more of its features such as integrations and popup builders come with the premium version which starts at $49.
- Inline editing for quick and easy changes
- Adding blocks or choosing from pre-designed block templates
- No compulsory styling formula to follow
- Additional features and updates provided by the developers
- Free version available with a premium version for advanced features
9. Themify Builder
Themify Builder comes with many of Themify themes, but you can purchase and install it as a standalone plugin and use it with any theme of your choice. Its free version comes with some basic features, but you can still make some nice pages with it. Themify Builder allows you to design your pages using both the frontend and backend interfaces.
When designing your page, you redo/undo your settings, insert new modules in the design, and have a live preview to show you the outcome as you design. This page builder plugin comes with up to 143 templates and offers 32 modules. Depending on the add-ons you choose, the premium version starts at $39 or $59.
- Compatible with Themify themes and other WordPress themes
- Frontend and backend editing interfaces
- Live preview for real-time design changes
- 143 pre-designed templates and 32 modules
- The Premium version offers additional add-ons and features
10. WP Page Builder
WP Page Builder by Themeum is a page builder plugin with free and paid versions. Although the plugin is new, it has risen to become one of the most popular. When building your pages, you make changes and control the page design and layout on the left sidebar while you get a live preview on the right. With your free WP Page Builder, you get interesting widgets like post grids, pricing tables, and flip boxes.
One unique feature this plugin has is the drag-and-drop spacing controls. So you can resize a particular column you’ve already used. Although this page builder is great, there are some features you don’t get because it is new. Some of these features include pop-up builders and theme building. The premium version starts at $39.
- Free and paid versions are available
- Simultaneous page design and live preview
- Interesting widgets like post grids and pricing tables
- Drag-and-drop spacing controls for easy resizing
- Focus on simplicity and user-friendly experience