Looking for a way to reach your audience and distribute content personally to them? Sending newsletters is a useful and important method. It helps you know what content they appreciate best, so you can then optimize your content to suit their needs. Email newsletters also allow you to keep your audience closer because it brings them back to your site. If your site operates on the WordPress platform, you can easily carry out this task by installing plugins. How do you know the right plugin for your site? We’ve helped you pick the best 10 email plugins for WordPress. So, you can choose the ones with features fitting your requirements.
As a beginner, you may not want to spend much money to install an email plugin on your site. Luckily for you, one of the best email plugins, MailPoet is free for users with less than 2,000 subscribers. This plugin is very easy to use, allowing you to import an email list from any other email marketing tool. When you upgrade to the premium version, you get even more advanced features. It allows you to see what links your audience is clicking and also shows you the subscribers that have opened an email. These excellent tracking features allow you to optimize your content strategy.
- Free version for up to 2,000 subscribers
- Easy email list import
- Audience engagement tracking
- Click tracking for optimizing content strategy
- Premium version with more advanced features
With Newsletter, you can do more than just send emails. This plugin which is built specifically for WordPress also allows you to place subscription forms as widgets or pop-ups on your site. So, you can get more subscribers to add to your email list. You have all the features you need to build an email list as a beginner. After sending emails, you can also get reports on how these emails are performing. This plugin integrates with other tools including Spark Post and Mailgun. To ensure that you are constantly communicating with your subscribers, you can automate newsletters to be sent regularly.
- Subscription forms as widgets or pop-ups
- Performance reports for email campaigns
- Integration with Spark Post and Mailgun
- Automation for regular newsletters
- Customizable email templates
More than 50,000 companies use SendinBlue as a digital marketing tool. This powerful plugin allows you to manage your subscribers, create forms, and send social marketing campaigns. You also get reports to track your audience engagement. With the drag-and-drop email editor, you can design your emails to bring about maximum engagement. For sites involved in transactions with customers, you can send transactional emails using the wp-mail function in this plugin. SendinBlue allows you to stay closer to your audience.
- Subscriber management and segmentation
- Form creation for capturing leads
- Social marketing campaign capabilities
- Drag-and-drop email editor
- Transactional email support
SendPress is one of the easiest email plugins to use on your website. With this plugin, it is very easy to create a blog notification email by directly importing content from your website to the plugin. You don’t need any coding skills to use this plugin. It has different styling options that allow you to build a professional email without stress. Also, using a service known as AutoCron, it ensures that your automated emails are sent. Other features you get in the free version include email tracking and reporting, unlimited subscriber count, customizable forms and opt-in widgets, and unlimited newsletters.
- Easy creation of blog notification emails
- No coding skills required
- Email tracking and reporting
- Unlimited subscribers
- Customizable forms and opt-in widgets
Subscribe2 lets you keep in touch with all your subscribers by sending them simple notifications whenever you post new content on the blog. It allows you to create custom HTML emails and simple plain text emails to send out. Also, you can specify which posts get sent and which ones don’t by excluding categories or even individual posts. Subscribe2 has a premium version known as Mail Optin which allows you to integrate with email service providers such as AWeber and MailChimp.
- Notifications for new blog content
- Custom HTML and plain text email creation
- Selective post/category exclusion for notifications
- Integration with email service providers (premium version)
- Easy configuration and setup
Sumo’s numerous features make it one of the most downloaded email plugins on WordPress. It gives you the basic email plugin features like automated emails, welcome emails, and pop-ups to bring new subscribers. But, it also comes with more interesting features like the share button that allows your site visitors to share your content on social media. This plugin allows you to show your customers unique offers (such as discounts) when you integrate with WooCommerce. Either you’re using the free or paid version of this plugin, you get maximum customer support from Sumo. You are neither left out nor is your audience.
- Automated and welcome emails
- Pop-ups for capturing new subscribers
- Social media sharing buttons
- Integration with WooCommerce for special offers
- Extensive customer support
‘Email Subscribers and Newsletters’ help you easily reach your subscribers whenever you publish a new post on your blog or website. To ensure that your email list stays healthy, this plugin offers double opt-in, so that only people who are interested in what you have to offer are communicated with. Also, you can prevent spam and bots buy adding captcha to your subscription box. If you want a plugin that is very easy to use and allows you to stay close with your audience in just a few clicks, you should get this one.
- Easy reach to subscribers for new posts
- Double opt-in for maintaining a healthy email list
- Spam prevention with captcha
- User-friendly and easy to use
- Customizable email templates
OptinMonster is one of the most popular email plugins for WordPress, and you don’t have to spend a dime to get great features. With this plugin, you can easily grow your email list by creating static forms for widgets and beautiful pop-ups. You can either build these forms from scratch using the drag-and-drop editor or pick one of the available templates. You won’t get access to some of the templates until you upgrade to the premium version, but the available ones are fine. Optin Monster integrates with email service providers such as MailChimp. With the paid version, you can even create content specifically for a group of visitors based on location and their behavior on your site.
- Static forms and pop-ups for email capture
- Drag-and-drop editor for form customization
- Integration with popular email service providers
- Behavior-based targeting for personalized content
- A/B testing for optimizing email performance
9. WP Subscribe
WP Subscribe by MyThemeShop is an email plugin that doesn’t slow down your site, is SEO-friendly, and has pretty good graphics. Whenever you create a subscription form and place it on your site, this plugin ensures that the form is responsive on all devices. So, regardless of the size of the screen, you can be sure that your form looks great. This plugin integrates well with email service providers such as MailChimp and AWeber.
- SEO-friendly and responsive subscription forms
- Integration with popular email service providers
- Good graphics and site performance
- Easy setup and implementation
- Captcha support for preventing spam
10. Thrive Leads
Thrive Leads allows you to create different forms to build your subscriber list. You can easily build multiple-choice forms, pop-ups, and full-screen overlays. One important feature you get in Thrive Leads and not many other plugins is A/B Testing. So, with this, you can send different versions of the same email to groups you create on your email subscribers list and see which one does better. This allows you to offer better content to your subscribers and even increase sales and traffic on your site.
- Multiple form types (pop-ups, overlays, multiple-choice)
- A/B testing for email optimization
- Targeted content delivery based on visitor behavior
- Increased conversions and lead generation
- Easy form customization and design