Amazon ads are one of the best ways to earn some extra money from your WordPress website. Because most of the people shop online these days, the chances of earning from Amazon affiliates is very high. No matter what type of products your websites are associated to, you will most likely find something related from Amazon to put on display. As soon as someone clicks on your ads and purchase something from them, you will earn a share of their profit. How much you earn will vary based on the product category. From our experience, it is pretty good compared to other similar affiliates.
With that being said, in today’s article, we are going to take a look at the steps required to implement Amazon ads on your WordPress website.
1. Join Amazon Associates Program
Before you can implement their ads, you should join the Amazon associates program. In order to join the affiliate program, you should have a working Amazon account that you registered previously. If you don’t already have it, you should sign up for one before continuing.
While signing up for the Amazon Associates, you will be asked for certain details, such as a Store ID and the list of websites or apps where you are planning to show the ads. You can just fill out the required fields and finish the Amazon Associates account setup.
2. Get the Ad Code
There are different types of ads you can get from Amazon associates program. The most popular among them is the “Native Shopping Ads”. They are responsive, pretty well paying, and integrates seamlessly with any design. Providing users with the most appropriate products based on your preference and the content of your website, they are the best way to get started with the Amazon affiliate program. In order to get the code for the native shopping ads –
- Go to the Amazon Associates home page.
- Click on the Product Linking menu item.
- Go to the Native Shopping Ads.
- Choose the native ad type.
- Recommendation Ads – Ads that will be generated based on the categories and keywords. Best suitable if you want to display ads that are related to the content of your website.
- Search Ads – You can add a search feature to your website that will display the products from Amazon. Suitable for websites that are focused on eCommerce and want to provide your users with a quick search feature to Amazon products.
- Custom Ads – If you want to handpick the items you want to display on your website, Custom Ads are the way to go. It simply allows you to pick which products you want to display in your ads. Suitable if you just want to display very accurate set of products based on your user interest.
- Based on the type you have chosen, you will be presented with slightly different but almost same options, which you can configure based on your preferences. Fill them all appropriately.
- In the last step, you will get the ad code which you have to place on your website. Copy that and move forward to the last step of the process, which is placing the code on your website.
If you plan on using other types of Amazon ads such as the popup, the steps will be different, but the process is almost similar. All you have to do is following the on-screen instructions until you get the code which you can place on your WordPress website.
3. Place the Ad Code
As soon as you collect the ad code, all you have to do is implementing it on your website. There are several ways you can place an ad code on your WordPress website. You can directly place the ad code in your website HTML, use a WordPress ad plugin, or even depend on third-party scripts. The easiest among them would be using a WordPress plugin.
In our article on how to place AdSense ads on a WordPress website, look for the step 4.2. There we described the process to place an ad code on your website either using a WordPress widget or using a plugin. The steps are the same to place almost any ad code, including the Amazon affiliate ads. You can simply follow that and implement the ads.